Sony Xperia Z4 is the next flagship project device from Sony. It is set to make its debut in the world market for purchase by customers in March. Rumor has it that it will be launched in Barcelona at the Mobile world Congress. There will be no more bi-annual flagship projects from Sony. Minimal changes can only be added to the devices in the six month period.
Sony Xperia Z4 specs
The following are exciting features about the device.
- it will have a micro SD card slot of up to 128 GB.
- Internal storage upgrade from 16 GB to 32 GB/64 GB.
- a RAM of 4 GB.
- primary camera of 20.7 Mpx, auto focus and will be using LED flash.
- it will have a sensor size of 1/2.3'' with additional features for face detection, geotagging, panorama with touch focus, and HDR.
- it has a secondary camera of 5 Mpx, 1080p@30fps.
- video specs of 720p@120fps, 1080p@60fps, 2160p@30fps, HDR.
- It will have 3.5mm jack with stereo loudspeakers and alert types of vibration mode of WAV ringtones and Mp3.
- It will use the Android OS, v5.0.
- Powered by a chipset of Qualcomm MSM 8994 Snapdragon 810 Octa-core 64 bit at 2.8 Ghz with a completely new Adreno 430 GPU.
- IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, 16M colors type of display.
- size of 5.2 inches.
- a multi-touch of up to 10 fingers.
- a shatter proof glass for protection.
- a Li-Lon non-removable power battery of fast charging 60%in 30 minutes.
- IP 68 certified which will be water resistant and dust proof.
- comes with NFC and Fm radio with RDS.
- GPS enabled of Beidou, Glonass, A-GPS.
- micro-USB v2.0 and a USB host.
- WLAN for dual-band, hotspot, DLNA, Wi-Fi direct and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- bluetooth v4.0, apt-X.
Other exciting features include Xvid/ H.264 player/ MP4, photo and video editor, HTML5 browser, and Java MIDP emulator among others.
From the above specs overview of the expected Sony Xperia Z4, it is clear that Sony will ultimately deliver on the different tastes and preferences of many Android users all over the world.